View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #10
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: SW AM FM Radio Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinderland View Post
Hi, guys,

I recently bought a multi-power radio made by Kaito (model KA009R) http://www.kaitousa.com/radios.htm

This radio can be powered by an adapter (included), battery (3 AA's), solar power (built-in solar panel), and dynamo (manual winds-up).

In terms of radio bands, it is also all-encompassing. It has FM, AM, SW1, 2, 3 and 4. Also included are: weather channels, TV and air flight (don't know what this is for...)

In the box, you also get a plug earphone, a soft antenna for enhanced reception for SW, and a (cheap) water-repellant plastic bag for the radio set. The size of the radio is small, very portable.

You can order directly from Kaito in USA. Price is about 60 dollars and shipment is very fast. I chose UPS worldwide expedited as shipping option. Ordered it on Friday morning US Eastern time, and got the radio in the Netherlands the next Monday. The UPS shipping cost was way higher than the radio itself. I guess their shipping within America could be even quicker!

About its Dynamo power, I don't remember exactly but it's like if you wind it for 3 minutes (2 rounds/second) you will get enough power for 6 hours ... I might be wrong, so check their website yourself. You can also use the Dynamo to charge your cell phones. Charging connectors for major cell phone brands are included in the box.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers.
Greeting's Chinderland,
Thanks for the info, I've been looking for a solar- power/crank optional model. Reasonable prices, Testimonials seem genuinely positive. This is a good product site! my best giovonni
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote