View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #18
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Storing food stuffs - feeling paranoid!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
We are veiled from the true methods of how universe operates We are fumbling about like blind mice.
hobbit
I love this, hobbit.

Anyone who thinks they know exactly what's going to happen and when is delusional.

My own 'timeline' changed from one that blissfully didn't contain stored food a year and a half ago to one that does now.

But I am eating the stored food and not restocking.

Yes... I bought a berkey filter. Good buy actually... and now that's more about improved health rather than impending doom.

I also agree that there's nothing wrong with a little planning for a rainy day.

Keeping an extra pack of toilet rolls is handy anyway...for when.. you know... you get to the last roll and... well... you were meaning to go out and get some more.. but then the phone rang.. and then it was your sister's birthday.. and now.. here you are... on the throne as it were.. and you're looking at three sheets of single ply and wondering to yourself......

Well.. you get the picture.

However, I find it's difficult not to look at your little cupboard of supplies big or small and not have a 'thought' about it.

Since for me now, I'm thinking living is about NOW... I'm a little unhappy having these reminders of 'famine' in my present. So I'm trying to go along with hobbit's wisdom... and let the universe take care of my paradigmed butt.

Yeah.. I hear what you're saying.. go hug a tree you frieken hippy.. but each to his own.

I think you're right to feel paranoid Ammit. I say, follow YOU... not some mind rubbish... and if someone feels that a cellar full is right.. then I say do that too.

Just be ready to defend it, or give it away when the time comes. Sheesh.. something else to worry about then... see? worry is never ending. Best not to start with it...

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote