View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 AM   #203
Bill Ryan
Project Avalon Co Founder

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
So am i to understand that subscriptions paid to Avalon, for Avalon, will be used to pay for Camelot research?
Yes. The two are different divisions (for lack of a better word) of the same enterprise.

Quote:
If this is the case, then it is apparent that the donations made to Camelot are all of a sudden insufficient?
Correct: they're all very much appreciated - every one, from anyone, of any amount - but when added up together they're not enough. IF we had a very wealthy donor or two (for instance), then we would be happy to make Avalon free as well. We're not trying to get rich here... we're trying to keep going.

Quote:
If members are paying for a subscription to Avalon, then Avalon is where the money should be spent.
No, because without Camelot there would be no Avalon. The two are inextricably linked.

Quote:
This also brings me to a question about how the money would be spent at Avalon. After the small hosting fee is paid, what will happen to the remainder of the funds?
It funds Camelot videos and research.

Quote:
A further question regarding information posted at Avalon - Who owns this info once it has been posted? According to Bill, the original poster no longer owns the information once posted, so who does? Surely the official owner of the info posted by members, is the only person who can charge people to view this info.
Did I say that? I don't remember ever doing so, and it doesn't sound like anything I would have said. I have no interest in that way of thinking... it's not about ownership of anything - or insisting that anyone does NOT own anything. I don't think in terms of ownership at all, as those who know me well will testify.

Quote:
I would also like to know who has been deleting my posts, and why? I have had no explanation as yet, and to the best of my knowledge, i have only posted truthful facts.
I've not had the time to follow your posts in any detail, and have not deleted any of them.

Very best wishes, Bill

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 11-12-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Bill Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote