View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #21
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is there a spiritual war going on in Avalon?

Nice idea for a thread Burgundia. Thanks.

I'd never joined a forum before Avalon, so other experience at forums is non-existent. Could there be a spiritual war going on on all forums or just this one? That would make avalon special, different. My feeling is that it's not that special or different. I did in the beginning, but we're all growing up, hey?

From my own experience, I've started to wonder about the whole 'posting' business. Certainly posting for posting's sake. If there's a war on, I'm asking myself if that war is with my own ego.

I mean, why am I posting now? Does this make me feel better? Does it help anyone? How much is the post for my own benefit and how much is it for the benefit of others?

Originally, it seemed Avalon was spawned as a direct reaction to what seemed to be the possibility of imminent breakdown of social order. For people to get in contact with likeminded people and form communities. As the breakdown is a no show at present (even though we can all see that it's likely headed that way in the mid to long term), so it would seem are the communities (am I speaking out of turn here? ).

It would be an interesting poll to see just how many groups have been created and are currently meeting up on a regular basis. Any ideas?

From my own meagre efforts on the Devon and Cornwall thread I managed to meet two people. From the whole of Devon and Cornwall. As far as I know, no one else met anyone else (not that was posted anyway).

My point? Avalon has become a discussion group. the topics seem to be more about belief in various scenarios then they seem to be about ground crews.

So there's your spiritual war, people going on line to have a difference of opinion, because the root founding reason for avalon is not happening. If it was, there would be more unity of purpose, in my view.

It seems to me most people are prepared to take action when their lives are in immediate danger, and if not, then they'd rather argue about the price of fish.

Something spiritual is going on though, there is an awakening, and my feeling is that that will overtake the original fear and need for avalon. Setting up avalon was the right step, and I am very grateful to Bill and Kerry for that. But things are quickening and what was necessary even three months ago , may not be relevant today.

The spiritual war is within ourselves and how we relate to others. But if I feel I'm a good person, why would I want to prove that on a forum (that's just ego), or why would I point it out to someone else that they are not behaving ethically. It seems a limitation of the forum communication. A real spiritual war to me is if I am placed in an ethical/spiritual dilemma. I think that is more likely in the 'real' world than online. But that's not to say it could not happen here too, I think it depends on the thread.

there... why did I make you sift through all that ?! Oops... ego again probably...thanks for the thread, a great question, and made me think.

Peace n love

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote