View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #630
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Talking of low vibrations... i used to 'hate' people who never dip their headilights when they come round a bend.

I used to think, how can they not be aware that I am coming? I see their approach , why are they not aware of mine?

I hated getting blinded because of their unawareness. So I would sometimes flash my lights before a corner to alert them, or even put my headlights on full before a corner to coerce them into turning theirs down.

You'd be suprised how many times I'd get blinded, and every corner at night could be a stressful event.

For months now, I just haven't thought about it. I don't get involved. I don't pass judgement on the drivers' of the other cars. And I honestly can't remember now if I get blinded or not.

I've moved on, and that problem (my ego seeking control of a situation outside of its control) is no longer a problem.

So. Onto the next one !

K

P.S. thanks for the theological debate.. Michael and Chris. I don't pretend to understand it all either... but I like the idea of the mind maybe not being a thing but also a thought. Eckhart does mention the importance of being the 'watcher' and that seems to ring true for me. Funny.. it made me think that's where THE WATCHER got his avatar name from !

I think these kind of discussions and revelations are far more important to me now than any 'external threat' of war, famine or plague.

Because..." wherever you go... there you are !" Who said that ???? Was it me ?? lol
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote