View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #15
dddanieljjjamesss
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The shocking truth about public schools

I graduated high school in 06, and public schooling is one of the constant things I look back on in trying to figure out exactly why the world seems so bonkers.

Every year the 0 tolerance policies get harsher, and every year the new freshman are even more wild and rebellious. When I was just learning about pot, kids in school were doing coke, now my younger sister tells me heroin is rolling through our area. This is small town USA, I grew up in the woods for crissake. It is something that all of my friends can attest to. Doesn't matter where you live... the control structure of schools and the rebellious ideas associated with drugs go hand in hand... can't imagine what kind of world loses a few students every year to drunk driving accidents, drug overdoses, and voilence.

The school authorities position is too much in the past. Stricter control only reinforces the roles. This kid may not be expressing his point of view as clearly and directly as possible (I'll blame the schools for that as well) but he knows what system he is a victim of.

Growing up for me was always about trying to survive the clone-machine while everyone else was running around completely unaware.
dddanieljjjamesss is offline   Reply With Quote