View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #33
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: END POPULATION EXPLOSION (petition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Some good points here but basically it comes down to better education and better resource management, because there's plenty of room for even more people and I'll quote myself...............

Here's another way to look at it too, Australia has approx. 2 billion acres, now lets say for simple math that the worlds population is 6 billion, that means that every single man, woman, and child could each have 1/3 acre to live and that than leaves the whole rest of the world. I'd say there's plenty of room.
Let's just put everybody in Australia and grow food in the rest of the world, LOL

Australia barely has enough water for the few people (only 22 million) already here. Im not even allowed to have a shower longer than 4 minutes by law. With huge advances in the area of 'Water Desalination' making this technology very cheap and easy, we could possibly do as you say. After all we live on a WATER PLANET it seems ridiculous that there should be any droughts at all.

If everyone turns off the TV and works on the water desalination issues we could transform all the desert regions of the Earth into emerald nirvanas.

But why keep mentioning Australia when RUSSIA is almost 3 times the size.

But hey if we experience this pole-shift we can all move to ANTARCTICA!

Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote