View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #29
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Coming Starvation In America

Yes, I think it is a very interesting thread, and thanks for starting it Dave.

Thank you too Kimmie for your post. That's the great thing about Avalon I think , that we have access to so much shared knowledge and points of view, and aspects of different lives. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I'm not against anyone hoarding food, I think all must go with their own instincts. It is also interesting to note that a lot of the great sites out there - urbansurvival as an example are also provided by people who are similarly already prepared for the coming changing times.

If nothing else, this whole thing has stirred a desire in me to become totally self-sufficient, find a cabin somewhere, live of the land... that would be great...wind power..chickens. We need reality for sure.

I don't have kids , and I agree, if I did, that would most certainly change my perspective on what I would do to prepare. (anyone want to come share my cabin ? )

I'm as shocked as anyone by what's going on in the world and where it logically seems to be heading (food shortages, mass panic, violence, ???)

I'm just saying that alongside being prepared, it's my own view that this whole thing could turn out spiritually positive or spiritually negative. If it does become every man for himself amongst the spiritually minded...then logically that doesn't seem to be the evolution that it makes sense we should be having.

I do have heinz beans though... about eight tins I think... should last me at least a month

Thanks again for the great discussion topic.

peace n love

k
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote