View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 05:22 AM   #13
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Desire Is The Root of Nothing - A Fresh Look at Law of Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovonni View Post

Now this is key~ remember you agreed to your role before you descended upon this earth.
For me, I don't believe this. Someone must have written a best seller self-help metaphysical book and wrote about this idea about a pre-conceived life contract with players and one's starring role. I hear this repeated all the time with such reverence. This leading idea is very comforting to answer the burning question, "why am I here". A difficult question to wrestle within our conscious limitations - and such a 3D hollywood delusion to give us comfort.

Within nature we are clearly beings that feel experiences are linked to "intentionality". Meaning we always equate what happens and "why" to something greater than us. We live in a hierarchical evolutionary system, by nature we are always yielding to something - that's based on our past experiences within the system.

I feel that I do play a role in my social and human network, sort of like a colony of ants - we do our best when we contribute and help support the system. As far as the delusion of pre-conceiving and playing a grand role - well perhaps a conscious play of the ego to comfort our psyche.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote