Thread: *Consider This*
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: *Consider This*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
To be fair, 2feathers has a point.....where do you start.
You're right. And I really don't know a one-size-fits-all answer. I just know we have to start somewhere. I have mentioned Strengths Finder several times here because it's such a good focus and networking tool - that's one place to start. I think there are as many starting points as there are people - but trying to get people up off their butts is like pulling teeth. Cream rises, though...and the people who do stand up are quality. 2feather's idea of putting up flyers is a good one. I'd like to hear more about where that goes.

Quote:
We have lots of stories about agendas, conspiracies and plans...stories about how MAJOR things are going to happen between now and 2012...
And I don't think we should pay too much attention to any of that. Look at how many folks got themselves all worked up and emotionally invested in that spaceship that was a no-show yesterday (BIG surprise). And I just don't have time (let alone patience) to slog through a solid, one-paragraph page bearing channeled truths. If others want to read that stuff, it's alright with me.

But I view all of that as a distraction from things that are going on here and now: the destruction of our monetary system, the implosion of the old paradigms of governance and freedom, and the fact the people are suffering. They need to be taught ways to support themselves, protect themselves and feed their families if we enter a depression, or worse.

If the ETs come, I hope they'll be here to greet us and not to eat us. In the meantime I am focused on areas where I can actually accomplish something.

Quote:
Going back to the stories, some are believable, some are 50/50, some are (IMO) just pure rubbish......but one common theme between the good, bad and ugly stories is that hardly any of it is substantiated.
And a diversion from actually having a positive effect.

Quote:
So, we are all worried, the **** is going to hit the fan...maybe, but nobody knows what **** is going to hit which fan.

Tell them to be prepared etc......How? What against? Nobody knows what is going to happen?
But that's the point I've been trying to make: there are things we do know. Among the many things we don't know (and hence can't adequately prepare for), we know that everyone is suffering financially because of the greed of a few, and we know it will get much worse before it gets better.

We don't know if there will be another false-flag "terrorist" event, or if the elections will be cancelled and martial law declared, but we do know that many of us will lose our jobs and our homes no matter what, because the kleptocrats have run a great country into the ground.

We don't know if the Galactic Brotherhood is just waiting for the right moment to step in, or if Jesus is going to swing down from the clouds and land on Mt. Carmel. But we do know that the earth seems to be getting unstable, and that we've polluted it to the point of life being unsustainable for many.

These are major challenges, but they are things we can work with. We have to begin, or we'll wish we had when it's too late. And we have to get out and work together in person to do it. We need to use the internet to research, learn, network, etc. but then we have to take our strengths and knowledge and apply them.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote