View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
Ricfly52
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All withdrawals and electronic payments down right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
Had a really strange occurrence both yesterday and today (Bournemouth Uk).

I've had the same pin number for my card for years, use my card everyday, and of course, I know my number off by heart.

Yet, everytime I went to draw money from a cashpoint, I get some kind of 'temporary amnesia' and could not remember my pin number. Really strange.

Once home, I could recall it immediately, just as easily as if I'd never forgotten it.

Went out again later, and the next day too, and both times I again was struck by some kind of 'mental block' that stopped me from knowing my pin number.

Once again, arriving home, I could know it immediately. This time I wrote it down in tiny print on the inside of my thumb when going out so was able to withdraw money.

It's not that I needed it urgently, as I've taken the precaution of keeping a sum capable of supporting myself for a while hidden away in case of emergency, but I don't like to use that, and prefer to keep using the ATM until they shut them down.

I know this is not exactly 'on topic', just wondered if anyone else had been experiencing this curious 'mental block' phenomenom?
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one to have this happen to.

On Oct. 9th, I went to one of my two banks to withdraw, money that I was going to deposit in the second bank to cover some things. The amount I needed to with draw was too large for the electronic atm, so I had to go into the bank, and use a real person. After making my request, she had me swipe my card, and told me to enter my pin. I was totally dumb struck. I walked out in total embarrassment. I have used that pin for five years hundreds of times.

I had to come home and get the pin out of my safe where I have it stored. I am not kidding, yesterday I had to dig into my wallet and look at the pin again in the Grocery Mart.

I wonder what it is all about.
Ricfly52 is offline   Reply With Quote