View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #25
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How Are We Using Our Time?

I woke up this morning thinking about how subtle mind control really is and how apparent it is in so many of our lives. You don't have to have been in the trip chair at Montauk to not be affected is what I"m saying.

I too log into avalon and it does take a lot of time to check out the new threads, to feel that I'm staying informed... I don't want to miss something that may be vital. It's a form of addiction, like a spectator sport.

Anyway, simple examples of mind control are manifested as blockages we have to applying what we know is right & good into our lives:

continuing to eat unhealthy foods (not shopping wisely) at chain grocers (genetically modified produce, commercially raised meats, eggs etc). Shopping at WalMart who sell goods produced by slave-labor in China.

Not starting or continuing the practice of meditation/prayer...
Not exercising the body, walking in nature... walking & running your dog like you know you should...

Not assisting the elderly in your neighborhood, not getting to know your neighbors... start the contact with your own community.

Whether the elections are fixed or not, still using the system & voting all encumbents out next November... remembering power in numbers.

All those seeming small things are Not small things... the point is, WHAT is preventing one from going into action??? That is the simplicity of mind control... there are actual blockages within that prevent one from even Starting any of those things.

Exercising 2 way communication with your Higher Self, asking for power to do these things, for mindfulness.

It doesn't do any good to have information if this information is not applied in one's life!

At my home, we are busy starting seeds for next season's garden, we are trying to gain more customer's to buy our eggs; we found a source for raw milk; we are going to start saving heirloom seeds this year. I'm starting to implement Ashayana Deane's exercises...

but I too, waste alot of time! I am just plain lazy sometimes. These are the blockages that I experience on a daily basis... I still go to WalMart and not the health food store always! My dollars spent MATTERS... I choose convenience over right buying! Granted my kitchen is a lot healthier in the food dept than most, but still, I could do Better!!!

Apathy is the evidence of Mind Control... it's that simple.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote