View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Platinum
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: All withdrawals and electronic payments down right now

Had a really strange occurrence both yesterday and today (Bournemouth Uk).

I've had the same pin number for my card for years, use my card everyday, and of course, I know my number off by heart.

Yet, everytime I went to draw money from a cashpoint, I get some kind of 'temporary amnesia' and could not remember my pin number. Really strange.

Once home, I could recall it immediately, just as easily as if I'd never forgotten it.

Went out again later, and the next day too, and both times I again was struck by some kind of 'mental block' that stopped me from knowing my pin number.

Once again, arriving home, I could know it immediately. This time I wrote it down in tiny print on the inside of my thumb when going out so was able to withdraw money.

It's not that I needed it urgently, as I've taken the precaution of keeping a sum capable of supporting myself for a while hidden away in case of emergency, but I don't like to use that, and prefer to keep using the ATM until they shut them down.

I know this is not exactly 'on topic', just wondered if anyone else had been experiencing this curious 'mental block' phenomenom?
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote