View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #56
Shaeba
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The power of music to awaken us / Tool the band?

This is a great thread. I'm going to have quite alot of music to explore. Which as a singer myself is always inspiring. I can't live and breath without music, and my tastes are pretty varied.

Others have mentioned the idea of a soundtrack for their awakening, and I have most definitely had the same experience. I was well and truly asleep until I fell in love with the music of 30 Seconds to Mars. Songs on their first album 30 Seconds to Mars like Edge of the Earth, Fallen, Oblivion, End of the Beginning, The Mission and Year Zero all really speak, to my mind, about what is going on, and/or coming.

There are several songs as well from A Beautiful Lie that resonate with me as well, songs like Attack, The Kill and especially R-evolve.

Additionally they've recently gotten heavily involved in environmental concerns as well as doing work with Habitat For Humanity and other charitable endeavors. A great site to check out is their environmental based site http://www.abeautifullie.org. The video for A Beautiful Lie is pretty stunning. It was filmed on a glacier near Greenland that was cracking apart beneath them as they filmed.

Last edited by Shaeba; 09-21-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Shaeba is offline   Reply With Quote