View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #22
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Personal attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi Everybody,

I understand the need for some people to let off steam. I'm the same. However, what I say in the forum is only a small slice of what I say out loud to myself (good job I'm not being recorded!).

I think what the moderating team is trying to say is that we don't need to be brash to get our points over. I think I mentioned in another thread about George Green, that I wasn't on board with everything he said, nor did I understand why Henry Deacon was in Amsterdam. But I wasn't disrespectful in my comments, even though my thoughts were a little more direct.

In my opinion if people who call themselves 'insiders', 'experts', 'whistleblowers', or any other name that they wish to call themselves, making claims that, it could be argued, sometimes are hard to swallow, of course they are open to criticism by people who find it difficult to accept what they are saying. It's human nature.
I didn't make Deacon leap on to a stage in Barça and say that he went to Mars, I didn't make george Green Skype Amsterdam and say he had a message from the Pleidians. These comments should be discussed and opinions should be able to be made public, but we must keep the discussion in good taste, otherwise we will end up again, like we are, arguing the toss as to who insulted who and who upset who and the list can go on forever....

Keep it real, keep it objective, but keep it polite at least, even if you disagree and explaining why you disagree is always a good thing as that allows others to see your reasoning and could put a new light or other perspective to the idea.

Best regards,

Steve
To me, whistleblowers are people too. I'm not about to hold them on a pedestal and neither should anyone else. It doesn't mean that they should be attacked en masse like any other people. But, when people disagree, they should be able to express those disagreements in a civil manner.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote