View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 07:04 AM   #18
Brizzle

Default Re: Sydney Australia

Hey guys!
Does anyone here have some info relevant to us sydney siders?
Such as; interesting sightings, safe places, theories about our local govt.

Was it just me who thought that the excessive security for APEC and the pope's visit seemed like perparations for a police state? It gave the POLIticians an excuse to set in place new POLIcies, for the POLIce to enforce. Taking away our freedom of speech, our freedom to protest, the ability to walk freely though public spaces. Hiding it under the disguise of 'protection' from the 'terrorists'.
Gradually indoctrinating us with the idea of a police state.

Does anybody else think that what they have done to Epping road is bloody ridiculous? They pretty much downgraded our infrastructure. Turning a 3 lane road into a 2 lane road + 1 lane for busses (which still rarely come past). And at parts (near the macas/shell station in lane cove) they turned a road, which used to be a 70km/h zone with 3 lanes, into a 60km/h zone with 1 lane + 1 bus lane + 1 carpark lane (ARGH).
And they placed the beginning of the bus lane at the turning point of a valley in the road just to create a bottle neck that would cause traffic jams even in light traffic.
In my opinion it was done purely to force motorists onto their new Lane cove tunnel TOLL WAY. The tunnel would only have saved 3-5 mins of travel time if not for the downgrade of the surface freeway. Now motorist have to pay an ever increasing toll (without even opening your wallets, thanks to e-tags....preparations for RFIDing the citizens maybe? they already chip our pets) just so their journey to-and-from work takes the same amount of time that it would've before our government wasted millions of tax payer dollars.

On another note, do you guys feel safe in writing on forums like this?..
If things start to turn out the way that a lot of people in this field are indicating (police state, shadow govt., internment camps, 1984 type stuff etc) I am concerned that free thinking people like us will be deemed as 'terrorists'. And I am sure that anyone with enough knowledge and power will be able to source who I am, where I live, the type of material i watch on youtube n google video, the sites I visit, and even my rant above.. I have a bad feeling that one day, this will be enough to be labelled as an enemy of Australia...

Anyhowz, Im glad to see that there are other people in Syd that have been woken up
and I'm looking forward to reading your views on the situation in our side of the world.