View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #17
sparklyponcho
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: New Australian magazine for truth-seekers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraineeHuman View Post
If your magazine is primarily intended for an Australian audience, the sociological profile of Australia is interesting and unique.
TraineeHuman, those were fascinating insights into the sociological profile of the good ol' Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi! Oi! Oi!
Sorry, just couldn't help myself there. What is your background and where are you quoting your sources from?? I find it most intriguing that we should be so thirsty for knowledge, culture and sports. But what I find most intriguing is that we, as a nation, are psychologically more independent than any other country. I always think about the phrase coined in the turn of the last century "the little Aussie battler".
We certainly are a nation who thirst for knowledge, the arts, sports and entertainment. There is almost this insatiable fascination with sports identities especially. (which I don't really even pretend to understand; I have no interest in smelly, sweaty men who climb each other for a ball)

Thank you TraineeHuman I have been most encouraged by your insights and I shall pass them on to the founder of the magazine.
Aloha,
Sparkles
sparklyponcho is offline   Reply With Quote