View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #47
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ivan "Evon" Stein 2012 Presentation!

Quote:
My take is that Ivan's initial work was based on a study of historical evidence for the possibility of a pole shift.
In the video I watched, Stein talks about historical evidence for magnetic pole shifts, and then talks about the effects of a geographic pole shift. I don't know whether this was deliberate deception or if the guy is simply unintelligent, but the two are very different.

The evidence of magnetic pole shifts can be found in the sea floor, and was used as evidence in establishing the theory of plate tectonics. The Atlantic sea floor spreads outward from the mid-atlantic ridge, and as the magma cools it retains the magnetic field that was present at that time. Magnetic pole shifts happen on average about every 250,000 years. So, there have been hundreds of magnetic pole shifts since the age of dinosaurs.

Evidence for geographic pole shifts is much more ambiguous. Because of continental drift, the continents have drifted around in relationship to the rotational axis of the earth, but this is not a catastrophic thing.
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote