View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 AM   #14
mudhog92
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is there natural cure for seizure? TBI (traumatic brain injury)

I am a nurse and medic, Reike certified, so here's my two cents. The problem with TBI seizures is the brain is physically damaged. An injured or irritable section of the brain can fire irregularly due to the damage. These seizures usually present and are different than epilepsy seizures. They are different in origin than nontrauma induced seizures, although controlled the same due to lack of anything better in Western medicine. Dilantin helps because it slows the neurons, or calms the damaged part of the brain. Unfortunately it calms all the brain down, hence side effects. I have a friend who was told by his medical doctor to smoke marijuana when he gets his 'feeling' that a seizure is coming on. Pot slows neuron firing also. Can't say I recommend that, but it is a natural method. Probably safer than dilantin! Most drugs today are poison in my book. If you can find an alternative, give it a try. Maybe you can tolerate a low level dilantin dose without side efffects and be just as well off. Some people with frequent severe seizures have that bad piece of their brain electrically fried by a surgeon. Little radical, but these people are so bad they can not function in normal life. Good luck either way. Sorry, but I know of no other method.
mudhog92 is offline   Reply With Quote