View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #29
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Swineflu : The next wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu2143 View Post

Like bananas and other so called natural foods out there are old GMO's from 3e World (Sumerian). Like pineapple it brakes down meat. This can mean only one thing it is made in a lab.
That's fascinating, I've just been doing a bit of quick reading (will do more) about mesopotamian/sumer farming down to the current mosanto/gmo situation and thankfully it coincides with my own body's dietary needs/wants. What I mean is that ever since I became vegan, then moving to raw my body/I just stopped wanting carbs i.e. I no longer have any desire for pasta, rice (although if I'm eating outside I'll opt for brown rice if I have to) and some breads or potatoes, basically what I consider 'base/filler' foods that go with other more nutritious foods in meals. I realised that I was naturally going gluten free and with just this little bit of reading I've done it reminds me of something I learned about farming back when I studied archaeology, about how wheat/rye are unnatural foods and we don't need them although the person telling me about it at the time was an advocate of the carb-free diet but replaced with high fat diet hence it didn't seem valid to me at the time. But recently I've realised that she was right but just not explaining it very well and not doing herself any favours with the high fat diet she was on; plus carbs had always, or so I thought, helped me with my musculature since I've always done a lot of exercise and the stored/potential energy from them seemed beneficial and maintaining. I should have looked more into what she was saying and since learning more about yoga, breathing, meditation and how the body really doesn't need much of what we consider food to function efficiently and still maintain high energy levels and musculature tone/strength, I now know that those are 'franken-foods'.

The grains might have been beneficial at a time but nowadays too contaminated with gluten and oils like rape seed (which I've always disliked, I mean why would anyone call it that?) and soya beans are dangerous (unless fermented) as well many nuts which have gluten too.

The bananas and pineapples were an interesting discovery; do you have a list or information about other fruit/veg like that? I've seen a summary about the brassica vegetables 'development'...
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote