View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #48
Steve_G

Default Re: Poor Gary Mckinnon

No no no! He BROKE the LAW! It's WRONG to BREAK the LAW! No matter what the CIRCUMSTANCES are! No matter what the INTENTION is!

BULL***T!!!

The Powers That Be write the laws FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT. Not ours. They apply them when it suits them. And when they no longer serve TPB they change them so they do.

I keep seeing the same arguments, comparing Gary to a terrorist and a murderer. Get real.

Slavishly following the law just because it's the law means you're not using the greatest gifts you have- your own mind and heart.

ILLEGAL does NOT always mean WRONG. Binary thinking like that is best used by robots- program them and watch them go.

Don't question, just obey.

TPB position: Don't take independent action if you feel something is unjust, just do what we tell you and go back to sleep. If you break the rules THAT WE CREATED to PROTECT US AT YOUR EXPENSE you will be severely punished.

BLACK OR WHITE thinking is exactly what TPB hoped to achieve and that's exactly what they've got.

This will be my only post. I too got dragged into this on the Open Minds forum and I won't waste my energy again.

Peace and love to all.