View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 AM   #88
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: To the founders of Avalon2: Think and feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
In a perfect world, the banker wouldn't show up at the home for repossession if the family wanted to stay...

Without a question no one wants to leave, but some times the situation is out of our control...

The good thing is as you are slowly driving away from the home and everyone's eyes are a little misty...

what's most important is, the family is driving away together...
Hi Rocky I have a lot of respect for you and posts that you have made.
It just seems that closing down our home is an over reaction to a few challenges.
If we all move then then the challenges remain.
A story.
I had in my varied career a Residential Home for the Elderly. I took on the old staff hen I bought it, they were experienced I was not.
I never had to dimiss anyone.
If a new member of staff was not performing to the high standards of the original ones, then they took them aside and advised them, if no heed was taken to friendly advice then then they were quietly sidelined till they just left, I never had to fire anyone.
Some new people here and yes some old interacted in an immature way, no need to clear the whole house out and begin again. doesnt make sense from a business or ethical point of view. When you start to loose people like Mudra ( a person full of love who never harmed any one) the alarm bells should surely ring loud.
I have respect for our founder members and dont doubt Bill good intention but surely it is madness to throw out the baby with the bath water.
The situation would have calmed down given time.
This forum is visited by thousands of people. If we cant get on here we wont get on in another forum. We have a responsibility to be responsible I know you are Rocky.
This is for others to read.
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote