View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #87
optimistic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Sydney Australia

Hello fellow Sydney-siders,
I think we are pretty safe (relatively, since our country is well resourced and we are not in the northern hemisphere) for the long haul.

But should the local scene look unstable and start to deteriorate rapidly, you can count me in the Ground Crew.

The main things I think we still need to prepare for are:

- Rising prices
It's going to happen, no matter what... So I'm stocking up casually on food, supplies and learning skills that will be of use to myself and others, so that I do not have to pay for this..

- Shutting down of the Internet
It is very likely that the Internet will be shut down in the near future, so I've started to archive important information to tide me over. This involves keeping a slim copy of wikipedia, Project Camelot recordings (to help other people understand the big picture, when they start to realise what is happening), etc.

- Pandemics
This is probably the most devastating thing that could happen, and it's also very likely, so I have started stocking up on food and supplies to last at least 10 days without leaving the house, without gas, water and electricity. This is a real threat that everyone should prepare for.

- Money in our banks
Though I believe it should be fine since our banks don't really need to depend on US/Europe and appear to be well regulated. Should the money in our banks disappear, we can always barter or trade skills instead.

- Earth Changes
I am creating an 'Evacuation Kit' just to prepare in case of changes in the leadup to 2012. I think it's safe to say the frequency and magnitude of Earthquakes appears to be rising this year.

- Ourselves
We need to be mentally and physically prepared for the times to come, that involves knowing what is at hand (but I'm pretty sure we're all aware, otherwise we would not be posting here) and helping others wake up (but not in a forceful way).

Please feel free to add your own opinions on these issues, or issues I have not covered

Do not be afraid of what may happen, be positive and optimistic, stay alert and aware, live every moment as if it were your last, make friends - because the only way we will get through this is by sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4BL0 View Post
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Sydney Ground Crew meeting
I hope you keep track of what's discussed though, so those who do not live conveniently to the city can also stay up to date

Last edited by optimistic; 10-10-2008 at 12:09 PM.
optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote