View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
chantellealyce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I have been thinking about ways to increase "awakening" on a larger scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by henners View Post
Hey chantellealyce, You are posting already, well done. Nice thread. What you are asking is what Avalon and the GC is all about. NOt sure what other members will think about doing a mailout. I personally prefer to speak to people face to face as you can guage their reaction and adjust as necessary. I am lucky in my job, but maybe we should all try and get out more and "spread the word".
Not saying we should stand on a soap box and preach " THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH " as i think we would be dragged away screaming, but just starting conversations about 'certain subjects' and see where it leads. The best way IMHO is to be prepared, that is read, learn and expect some funny questions and have intelligent answers that will make the people you are talking stand up and listen.

That is my point of view.

I would not be interested in standing on a soap box or parading the streets in a sandwhich board anyway

I already start conversations with people but I don't come across too many people as I am not in a job like you that puts me in touch with new people every day. It is all well and good to talk to people that you meet in your travels but I guess I am wondering how many people have that niggly feeling in the back of their mind that something is not right and can't quite put their finger on it and just need it pointed out to them so they can have that light bulb moment many of us here have experienced. Yet even when I experienced that moment I had no idea where to turn to talk to people who feel the same to talk to bounce off get ideas from and hopefully in the future form a community with to help each other. It is just pure dumb luck that I ended up here because I emailed the right person.

I guess what I am saying is if you got the right information and happened to mail it out and had in that information some form of contact details without identifying yourself it would not only increase the numbers of aware people and the numbers on this site it would increase survival rates at worst case scenario. Even if you only got one or two people each time if several people committed themselves to this, well they all add up and can you imagine the power of the conciousness of so many more minds???

Like I said it is just my thoughts I would just like feedback from others and maybe suggestions as to what information to put in a letter drop.

Also Luminari I don't think that the media would take it seriously. For example several years ago my ex husband and I witnessed UFO's at Wollongong. We managed to film it with our video camera and contacted the local media. They came out and were very interested and did a story on it on the local news and proceeded in the story to make us look like nut jobs, debunk the whole idea of it being UFO's and turn it into a joke. Hence I have no faith in the media. But great ideas definitely I am on my way to work at the moment but will contact you later

Karen
chantellealyce is offline   Reply With Quote