Thread: Future Events
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #10
Chinacat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Future Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkhava View Post
Agreed. There are particular details of that report that beg credibility. Those fringe details are not anything I would advocate or defend.

I think the important point should not be lost by all the clutter of disinformation and exaggerations, and that is this:

There was unusual activity on 20 June 2008 involving the nuclear forces of the USA and Russia.

The current breakdown in US-Russian relations and the overt display of Russian conventional military capbability in response to western expansion deep into the Russian spheres of influence is consistent with a major change of policy in Moscow to oppose the unipolar paradigm of the US being "the sole world super power."

The US has overplayed its hand and the Russians made it clear they have had enough.

The rise of the Shanghai Cooperation Council as an eastern alliance to counter balance the West is altering the geopolitical lanscape and making old assumptions irrelevant.

Russia and China have reminded the US they possess nuclear weapons and that they will not standby idly if the US attacks Iran.
Yes, good read. I think a faction in the US is trying to pick a fight to help McCain and Israel. I also think Wall street needs a war to distract from their on going collapse.
Chinacat is offline   Reply With Quote