View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #10
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What recovery? Unemployment shoots past 10 percent

If you go back to the old way of calculating the unemployed were at nationally in the states between 17-22% unemployment. The bean counters have been changing the calculations of the old way to their way, must be why the census bureau got moved to the White House this year too.

In mIchigan here our official # is 15.3% statewide, add the 8% on top of that for manipulation and were at 23.3% statewide and it's much worse here in northern michigan .

And the reasons why housing sales are ticking up , I'll give you one example, the house next door to me in a small town rural area mortgaged out at 106k, it got repo'd / 3 bedroom ranch, 2- 2 car garages, yard wasn't big but was on a dead end road with lots of trees, kitchen set up in basement and 70's decor in the main floor. House sat for a year at 45k listing and sold for 25k.
I'm hearing people are being allowed to stay in their homes without making any payments for 1-2 years right now, nobody contacting them.

Then on the radio last night this guy was saying there is and I cannot verify this- 18 million repos in the system. I don't see it so where are they.

My buddy who trades the stock market daily says all the charts should be going south and there not.

Manipulating, for sure, One thing I can say for sure there is 20 million americans who would like a job that are not going to get a job anytime soon. I'll do what i can for whoever, whenever, thats my small part. We neded to pull together as this impacts many, they are waking up and I think the 2010 elections are going to be very suprizing for many . Forget about the 2 party system , lets just get rid of the incumbants period. All of them . Time to start over.

You want to know the funny thing just this morning our state governor was on the radio and still wants to raise more taxes. Am I missing something here???
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote