Thread: Nag Hammadi
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #15
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nag Hammadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojibway View Post
I think that the largest question we have is "who" is god. Is it the god in the bible, the torah, the quran? Are these gods the same god or different gods. From the perspective of those who practice these religions the gods are different. I do not practice a religion, and I see these gods as the same god. And I believe he is malicious because he has pitted human against human. We do not have any supporting evidence that the serpent, the devil, wants or needs to be worshipped as a god, other than the proclamations that are in the bible which state that he will rise to the most high. But I see these statements as being proclaimed "too" the god in the bible and not too the people. Ritualistic animal sacrifice, and in some cases even human sacrifice is a known occurence in the above religions. Blood rituals are something that we relate to the black arts and the worship of the devil. I think we do this misguidedly, the Jewish people today are waiting for the day to rebuild their temple and reinstitute their animalistic sacrfices once again.
I agree on the most part. I don't agree that God has pited us against each other. It is through our free will to make our own choices on the path we follow and those choices we have made to date that have pitted us against each other. The weight of our choices is what keeps us anchored to the earth. This is what has caused our loss of memory from one life to the next. Once we make a choice to know God for ourselves and to seek him out then we will find him/her. There is no one else that can do it for us. What matters is our personal relationship with God. The rest is an illusion until we do so.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote