View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #18
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why The Venus Project Won't Work !!!!!!!!!

We must concider that Project Venus is only one of an unlimited amount of opportunities.

I can still remember the empty street where I was born. (That street is now about 900 years old)
The first private car, the first TV and telephone in the street.
Cellphones only existed in SF-tvseries
It doesn't seem that long ago.

Our son (28) doesn't know any better than that he can phone everybody, anywhere, anytime, that he can open up his laptop anywhere and have entrance to the internet where he can look up things for his study or play 2ndlife.

I as well find it obvious to sit at my PC and communicate with people in the US or western Australia and have contact with my friends who live in Spain and are now travelling in Australia.
There is nothing strange about it to see people driving their cars talking to somebody far away without even taking their hands of the wheel.

These changes have occured in only 60 years, say 3 generations and changes will not go slower but only faster.

So I can imagine the world to be totally changed within the next 5 years.
Changes much bigger than in the last 20 years, an amount of time everybody on this forum can overlook.

I suppose I'll live for another 20 years and I think it's possible even for me to see things like Project Venus become real but as I said at the beginning:
Project Venus is just 1 opportunity of many many many.

If we overcome our imposed fears and realise who we are and the infinite opportunities we have to do it right this time and that we are responsible for our own deeds and if we realise that there is no enemy but our own fears we can co-create paradise again.

Why not start now?

Last edited by Peer; 10-12-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote