View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #17
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What does a new world look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
1. From where/who does government get this largess to distribute?

2. "A government big/powerful enough to give you everything, is also powerful enough to take it away."

Food fer thought.
Ahh, the fundamental problem with the Venus Project in a nutshell. It could work in theory, there would be plenty for all if all would accept that they don't need more than their nieghbor, but in practice, all the selfishness of the old world could potentially ruin the plan.

I've come to the conclusion that we must completely stamp out all the selfishness we have ingrained in us from birth before we start, or else the project is doomed to fail, although 'energy too cheap to meter' would likely solve a good chunk of the potential problems. As things stand now though, I can't see this happening on a global level without some massive catalyst. Wether that be an 'unknown energy' or a global cataclysm, it's long overdue, though certainly I would prefer the former. In the mean time to start the groundswell, we can try our best to catalyse ourselves and those around us by staying focused on creating a new reality.

As far as visuals go, if I had my way, my personal new world would look something like this.

Last edited by raulduke; 01-29-2010 at 08:12 AM.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote