View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
MMe M
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Preparation for the possible collapse, in stages

Fenyman,
I have read some on survival. Even if your in the rural parts in the US, the economy has been bad for us for so long that we simply werent able to store the standard 300 lbs of food per person for a year. And then where are ya gonna hide that much food from martial law door to door collections callings? Jeez! When I read this, Im assuming the guy that wrote this must already have his house paid off, no kids and no pets. Me? Im in the poor house, kids in college, insurance till I die, bills into the next three lives, and pets.

If you have wells, now is a good time to find out how to bypass the electric pump for a manual one. It can be done.

What I have gathered is that dried beans are an invaluable source of protein. Rose hips, pine needles, saurkraut all provide vitamin C, really important, scurvy is deadly! Fat is essential in survival and so is salt. You can starve to death eating all white meat. Nuts are good, grubs are good, olive oil is good. Fish are good but a small hook, bobber and line should be kept in your survival bag. Learn to make snares and deadfalls. Wool is warm even soaking wet. Cotton robs your body of warmth.
MMe M is offline   Reply With Quote