View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 03:48 AM   #34
Kinsuemei2
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible question

What do you think of Bible?

I think much of the bible is based from texts from other ancient races and simply compiled from these ancient scriptures, if it teaches one thing it is that god writes on large stone slabs, just like Sumerians and not paper and parchment. It also has changed throughout the years, if you read from a 14th century bible it is extremely different from the ones we read today, yet not many people know this, simply because not many people have access to that kind of archive.

Why do people freak out when talking about Bible?

Any person freaks out when their religion is attacked or felt the need to defend, this is human nature to protect what you hold close, one of our greatest gifts is our passion, yet it is also our one of our weaknesses.
Why do 90% of the people who did not even read the Bible dare to bash it?
We attack what we do not understand and unfortunately the 10 percent that have read it most of those do not understand it, or people take the bible literally instead of symbolically

Is the book judicable by the acts of people who by the way did not even read it?

Not unless they research the books history and have a decent education regarding theology and religion, in which case they should have read the bible anyway as you would read the book you research or you have no business talking about it.

Why is such a great effort of many to discredit the Bible and yet they are not successful?

To many Christians and in this day and age, especially in the USA the church has become a enterprise that is involved with incredible amounts of money, and if you agree with it or not people want to believe, this is not a bad thing, but do they understand what they are believing in.

Why people connect Bible with religion?

People have been conditioned to connect with this book, with religion, it mentions constructs like Jesus and it talks about god, and the beginnings of human existence.

Why people avoid often to even talking of Bible?

The Bible is a touchy subject and the rules stand true never discusses religion or politics. And as i stated there are many people that love to talk of the bible that have never actually turned the page.

Why Bible is the most translated, read and printed book ever and yet the most persecuted, burned and forbidden?

The bible is a controversial book indeed, and any Christian worth their salt will admit there are factual errors in the bible, and words get mistranslated ‘especially the Greek version’ that was still approved, but Christianity is one of the largest religions in the world if not the largest, yet was not always or ever has been a beloved religion, to many discrepancies have pushed people away and the contractions that are found can be staggering, also the bible itself especially the King James bible a man who basically rewrote the bible as he saw fit, as a very cruel and deceptive man.

The bible itself was censored back in the ancient land there are many stories that never made the cut, just as I write a book I have a editor that keeps bits and loses parts of the story that might not fit into the publishing house ideal or vision of the end result so did the bible, and I have some examples.
The Life of Adam and Eve

The Book of Jubilees: This obscure Hebrew text offers an answer to a question that has vexed Christians for centuries if Adam and Eve only had sons, and if no other humans existed, who gave birth to humanity? This text reveals that Adam and Eve had nine children and that Cain's younger sister Awan became his wife. The idea that humanity was born of incest would have been radical and heretical.

The Book of Enoch: This scripture reads like a modern day action film, telling of fallen angels, bloodthirsty giants, an earth that had become home to an increasingly flawed humanity and a divine judgment to be rendered though denied a place in most Western Bibles; it has been used for centuries by Ethiopian Christians. Large portions of this book were found as part of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The Infancy Gospel of Thomas: The only book that deals with young Jesus, it indicates that Jesus was a strong-willed child who one historian describes as "Dennis the Menace as God." The book reveals that at age five, Jesus may have killed a boy by pushing push him off a roof and then resurrected him. Perhaps too disturbing for inclusion in the Bible, this book seems to contain traditions, also known to the Koran.

The Gospel of Nicodemus: This is the story of Jesus’ trial and execution and his descent into hell. According to this gospel the Savior asserts his power over Satan by freeing patriarchs such as Adam, Isaiah and Abraham from Hell.

The Apocalypse of Peter: Peter's apocalypse suggests that there is a way out of punishment for evildoers and implies that the threat of the Apocalypse is a way for God to scare people into living a moral life, and committing fewer sins.

Translation is a matter that is more relevant in other questions further along.

Why so much effort to root out the Bible and yet none successful?

Again the Bible is a powerful book love it or hate it, it’s legacy has been set in stone and unless something extremely miraculous happened I do not expect people to turn from it, after all I have a friend that when I talk about ET’s he says it’s the devils work trying to distract us from the word. I believe the opposite, and I mean no offense by that, I simply believe religion is the distraction, but this is only my opinion and not to be taken to heart or as cannon, as ultimately I know nothing, and shall die like every man and face the truth with an open heart and mind.

Why so many people were tortured and brutally murdered by Catholic and other churches because of possessing the Bible or reading it?
That question could be posed with a counter question, why the Muslims, the Moore’s and Saracens were brutally hunted down and murdered for possessing the Koran, to answer my question

Because it was deemed Gods will at that time before the reformation Christians had no direction and they interperated the bible literally just as the grand inquisitors did;

John 15:6 "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

yet the Muslim religion is a paradoxical version of the bible, the same prophets the same stories, just in different parts, yet we were told to kill as many of these heathens as humanly possible in the name of god, not very Christian is it? Or is it?

Why despite obvious attempts of certain mistranslations that still the message is crystal clear?

People have said the Freemasons wrote the bible they say the Roman Catholics wrote the bible, and specifically the Vatican, Pope Leo X had confessed in the early sixteenth century that "It has served us well, this myth of Christ” and he got very upset and condemned the modern world for catching on so to speak, and let us remember the translation of 1380 by John Wycliffe he loved the bible, and hated the organized church, and thus translated it out of Latin into English manuscripts, the Pope was so outraged out Wycliffe’s blasphemy he ordered his bones dug up crushed into powder and scattered into a river.

In the 1490s , Thomas Linacre, learned Greek so that he could translate the New testament, unfortunately Latin had become so corrupt that many of the ancient scripter’s were so difficult to translate and understand, it no longer preserved the message of the gospel, However the Vatican still maintained anybody who translated the scriptures to any other language other than Latin be put to death, the never intended that you read the bible, but Henry the 7th and 8th decided otherwise, as Christian kings.

I could go on but I shall move on to interpretation, the quest for Jesus always has ended in sorrow and hardship for those who go to the motherland and search for his history as barring the bible and Koran, he has none, he was written into history, this is unfortunate but no other evidence proves otherwise, that is the history, it does not make it fact, but when you look at the roman catholic religion and the Jesuits you understand the symbolism of the bible, Jesus was the Son meaning Sun in the sky, its an astrological book and the astrology adds up and makes sense, Jordan Maxwell can place into better words than I so I suggest you have a look at what he has to say and draw your own conclusions as to what you think about it.

I wish to thank Beren for making this post EXTREMELY enjoyable as when I am calm and collected I love discussing this, and one last note this is just my opinion and not to be taken as cannon, just with a pinch of salt.
Kinsuemei2 is offline   Reply With Quote