View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 01:29 AM   #18
m1*
Banned

Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
I'm not getting the pictures 777 but I agree with you generally speaking.

I agree the bible is indeed symbolic, and it is a story about us overcoming our own darkness, growing in consciousness, finding the saviour within, the Christ consicousness within, hearing and heeding it's voice, overcoming the carnal mind / ego, picking up our own cross and walking it to the top of the hill, where we give up the spirit / ego as Jesus gave up the spirit, and are reborn as the Living Christ, who we really are, Sons and Daughters of the infinite.

Chakras, that's not what the Bible says. According to the Bible, we cannot overcome our own darkness. We're detached from the living vine (through sin), which we do not have the power to overcome ourselves. So Jesus (who is perfect) came to earth to 1). Teach us how to behave and act and to worship the father 2). Die for us (in our place) to atone us of our sins and give us an opportunity to be grafted back onto the living vine (should we accept). To accept, all we need to do is look at how he demonstrated love and to do our best to apply that in our own lives.

Jesus did say that once we pass through this life, we will be "as" he is. ie: Able to perform miracles. This is of course, conditional, on whether we chose to love. However, we wont BE Christ. Only Christ is Christ. Unfortunately, you are mixing up a lot of new age philosophies with God's word -- and they are contrary to God's word.

However, as far as I understand the Bible, you did get one right.

"We really are, Sons and Daughters of the infinite" (ie: God - The Creator, The Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End)
m1* is offline   Reply With Quote