View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
Providence
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Is Your Spouse on board if not any suggestions?

My experience has been very similar to many of you. I agree, don't present any of the hocus-pocus stuff, that will most definitely backfire. Pick out things that are most likely to ring true and don't be afraind to make a statement weeks out becuase when the s%^&! does hit the proverbial fan -you can relate back to what you had said weeks ago.

I have a funny story to relate, perhaps many of you had a similar experience: I have been on a "path" since childhood (not in any clairvoyant or "contactee" way - just one who is on a Quest).

Anyhoo: I started searching emergency preparedness sites, bought over $100 USD worth of books (probably more, can't count). My husband thought I was nuts and even told me that I needed "help" that he feared that "something was happening to me" (you know patronizing, etc) - I started buying food and lots of it. My husband said, look if you are going to buy all that food then you need to rotate it becuase it won't make any sense to have a food store if you don't rotate and use things (He is very practical). So...... I reasearched food storage and came across this amazing food rotating rack. After 2 months of researching this thing. I did the unthinkable... I bought it!!! OMG. My husband was in disbelief.

BUT....

He helped me put the thing togehter... AND....

He has been buying canned goods like crazy to fill it up!

.... Go Figure....

Providence in the rainy PNW
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote