Thread: A Love Story
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Love Story

Last October, one morning I arose very sick but I managed my moments w/Creator, I asked for there to be someone that I could help today.

I went w/my husband to War Eagle Fair (a huge annual fair, people come from all across the country)... I stood wearily next to a couple who were all decked out in the leather garbs, Harley riders, very attractive couple, middle aged as I am... I overhear her admiring a picture that was about 18"x30" and they were pondering out loud how they might get that home with them on the motorcycle.

So, I piped in that I'd be happy to mail it to them. I said, "you'd just have to trust me"... we laughed, chatted (all the while I"m feeling really sick)... [and it dawned on me that God/Creator had given me this opportunity to help another, I smiled and said, thank you]

turns out, she accepts my offer, pays for the picture, gives me cash to mail it..... I mailed it off the following Monday...

They were just SO tickled pink that I did this for them that she sent me two pairs of earrings just before Christmas that she made by hand (as part of her business), inviting my husband and I to visit them anytime we were in the area, in Texas.

Truly it warmed all our hearts!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote