View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: co-creating a new paradigm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORIZONS View Post
Namaste Chris, Thanks for posting. I don't think I'll get many hits on this thread - but I am an optemest

I have all of Eckhatrt's books and have read and contemplated them many times (since 2003). I even have several of his CD's before he became famous. I use what I can of his work - what is accesable to me in my situation. I also have a few close friends that we share together with in his words of wisdom. I find it difficult to follow one external individual voice, but I truly learn from them, and as I said I apply what works for me. I think we all must develop our own version of spiritually, and the many teachers we have--like Eckhart--can be of a great assist. "We can walk this road together if our goals are all the same." I resonate with what most of the Mystic's and Sagas teach, and Eckhart is one of those.
Yes
The books etc are great but we have to apply the knowledge as you obviously do.
Was watching tv, people were raising money for charity by cycling around Scotland and one guy said I was on the bike the longest but traveled the least distance.
Some times it takes time for people to wake up.
I need to be patient.
As I said else where if I get frustrated it because its all there for us, we have the spiritual teachers, we have the books. Yet so many dont get it at least not yet.
We have a marvelous opportunity just now to move forward and the only way that can be done is doing what it takes to dissolve the ego.
All the arguing, over what???
Basically its typical forum, I am right you are wrong, I draw support you draw support, flame war, the subject really has no great importance it just seems to have, any topic will do , just running programed. Ego ego--- thats what is laughing.

"When you take up a position know that you are identifying with an illusion"
thats a quote from "The Course in Miracles" think Eckhart used it.
The moment we hold a strong point of view we will be opposed with equal strength,
Thats physics and human nature. The moment that is understood, then there is no point in protesting anything. Holding your own counsel becomes very powerful and if action is needed it will be very effective.

You know this HORIZONs, just writing for me.

Namaste Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote