View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #31
eleni
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Anna Hayes: Earth history

As I said I remain open to the info- however that doesn't mean I buy it hook , line and sinker.....

I found this- are there any correlations?

WHAT IS A CULT?

Every cult can be defined as a group having all of the following characteristics:

1. It uses psychological coercion to recruit, indoctrinate and retain its members.. Special privilege for the leader and members because of the “chosen” status.

2. It forms an elitist totalitarian society.. Exclusive membership and a 'you’ll miss out if you don’t get involved' mentality.

3. Its founder leader is self-appointed, dogmatic, messianic, not accountable and has charisma

4. Divine instruction coming from a deity source, only given to that particular group usually through channeling or 'divine inspiration'.

5. It believes 'the end justifies the means' in order to solicit funds and recruit people

6. Channeled or divinely inspired messages to save / help mankind.

7. Groups can change / stop future cataclysmic (i.e. floods, earthquakes, etc) events .

8. Repetitious appeals /prayers/ incantations recited daily.

9. Group is usually named such as (i.e. Heavens Gate, Branch Davidians, The Core Council)

10. Initiates will receive protection from deities / alien races if they maintain membership in the group and do as instructed by the leader

11. Its wealth does not benefit its members or society

Due to the instinct for truth in human nature, absolute lies are not as effective as some people think. With half-truths and quarter-truths, on the other hand, you can make people believe almost anything.
eleni is offline   Reply With Quote