View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM   #36
Emman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 10 Reasons to Stop Eating Beef (and other Fast Food)

[QUOTE=Darren Swisher;46635]1 month ago i stopped eating meat all together, I can say after only 1 month i feel better, have more energy, have lost 10 lbs, My blood pressure is down and i do not miss the "Flesh" at all. 100% whole fruits and veggies, Whole grains and natural juices.

I do not get into plugging things for people i will provide the link about the book that i have used.

http://www.ravediet.com/whatsinbook.htm

I just wanted to note, I did this for health reasons only. I still cook for my family and there is meat involved. I just choose not to partake in the flesh right now.

I, too, made the shift to be a vegetarian. I bought the Rave Diet book from George Green's website. After watching the DVD called Eating that came with the book, I made the shift. This was back in May this year. I started out on a vegan diet for the first couple months. I have settled into a vegetarian diet as I will eat salmon or fish once in a great while as well as a little cheese.

I am surprised that I actually made the shift away from meat. Just several months ago I would not have thought I could do it even though I have been thinking about it for over a year. The shift coincides with my introduction into the Ground Crew. I think that my effort to raise my consciousness and vibrations have indeed allowed me to shift into a plant based diet.

My main reason for wanting to shift was because of the unconscionable treatment of the animals for our food. It wasn't until I got the Rave Diet book that I learned about how unhealthy it is be on a meat based diet. After that I shifted immediately. Virtually overnight if you will.

I am proud to be a vegetarian. It is one of the most proudest things I have done in my life. You have to understand that I could not even envision being a vegetarian at all not that long ago. I could not imagine not having my favorite BBQ sandwich called Pecos Pit in Seattle. I could not imagine not eating a wonderfully done tenderloin with a terrific merlot. I could not imagine not having my favorite dish that my mother cooks called sati babi, a grilled pork dish served with her peanut butter sauce. Seriously, these were some of life's greatest joys to me. Not anymore. Those are nice memories now. I think of it like the nice memories of childhood playing as a little kid. Even though my times as a child were wonderful, I have no desire to relive those times as I have outgrown them. I see my times as a carnivore the same way.

Since I have shifted to a plant based diet, it's been great in a number of ways:

I cook all the time now. I rarely eat out like I used to, which was about 4-6 times a week. I love farmer's markets.

Saved money. Because we don't eat out as much anymore, less money spent on food.

I lost weight naturally. I haven't weighed myself, but I my clothes are much looser. I took about 2-3 inches off my waist. My face is thinner.

No indigestion. You know, prior to my shift, I would have to eat several antacids like Tums every day. I would need to eat 3-5 Tums before going to bed every night because the food would creep up my pipe.

I'm healthier in general. I haven't eaten any eggs at all either. I'm not consuming any cholesterol, or just trace amounts if any.
Emman is offline   Reply With Quote