View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 02:57 AM   #11
Koyaanisqatsi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Mt. Rainier puts on a show! KOMO News/ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankPirate View Post
I am concerned what with the HPH text describing quaking mountains...and the conclusion the the PNW is a probably area for one of the two quakes...all those mountain peaks in the PNW are volcanic mountains and very unlike our peaks in the East or Rockies. The Cascadia Subduction Zone is a very dangerous area which can produce a very large quake...and a tidal wave...and I'll assume until corrected could also blow one or more of the many volcanic mountain peaks in the area!

ANY COMMENTS OR THOUGHTS?

Thanks...
i thought about this too especially after reading the comments posted on the website which suggested that this particular event was not so ordinary for this mountian. i got the impression that yes there are lenticular clouds there in the past but the posters seemed to suggest that they were not as impressive as these were. this got me thinking if the mountain was giving a sign in line with the HPH predictions perhaps? i listened to cliff from HPH on the jeff rense program and he did make mention of the area from alaska down to the pacific northwest as being potential areas of concern.

time will tell
Koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote