View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #236
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Bill Ryan,

I have written you a PM suggesting more profitable alternatives rather than converting the forum to a paid subscription. I hope you will find time to read my message and respond, I think it would benefit everyone here and allow us to keep this forum for free which I think is ideal for everyone involved.

Since I've been doing internet marketing for the better part of 10 years, I know from personal experience subscription based forums, while appealing to the owner, does not appeal to many others. And the "fall out" of people would be great. If you have 2,700 members now, and 1/2 of them are active, you can count on only 20-30% of those active users sticking around once it's being switched to a paid model. Further, merchant accounts and automatic rebilling software and interfaces have a monthly operating cost. Finally, the fall out of peoples credit cards expiring, declines, and charge backs can quickly eat up any margins profits a model like this might bring in...

Thus, I propose a solution that will your supports will respond positively too and rather than dimish your following and subscriber base, indeed raise it and be vastly more profitable. I do hope, you will find the time to respond as it addresses everyone's needs and employs a skill-set I am proud to say have made me financially well off.

Hope to hear back,
Adam K.
ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote