View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #160
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
Why should I research for you if you are unwilling to give anything in return?

In a community garden there are shares. Shares may be
earned with labor or with cash. Is it my responsibility to
make sure that you eat when there is no food to be had
and you have done nothing to prepare? To an extent, yes. That is called charity. Are you looking for handouts? I can help. It is free for the taking if you know it exists and you know where to find it. It is priceless, and it will help feed your family in hard times.

http://www.biorationalinstitute.com/...a_strategy.pdf

There, now you can't say I never gave you anything.
Of course, it would be a good idea to support the author by buying a hard copy.

Is it my responsibility to show you how to grow the food
if you are unwilling to lift a finger on my behalf? In community I've got your back, we work together to our mutual benefit. In a welfare society you'd better work harder because they are all depending on you. The mods here are all volunteers. What have you brought them that will help feed their families if the system really does
crash?

In your own community/ground team group, how much
deadwood will you carry before you rebel and say enough?

The right information when I need it in a concise format
without wading through pages of unrelated and often trivial debate. That is priceless. I would pay money for it, big money. Indeed, I have in the past.
this is not a community in which we're all trying to survive, this is an internet forum.

"Is it my responsibility to show you how to grow the food
if you are unwilling to lift a finger on my behalf?" - are you saying that it's not your responsibility to research if we're unwilling to pay you?

in a living community, of course i would carry my wight to keep myself and others alive. but that's a far cry from this internet forum we have here.

first you said the truths that are found here are priceless, yet you're literally putting a price on sharing those truths.

do you sit at this forum all day? and do nothing else to make a living?

"The mods here are all volunteers. What have you brought them that will help feed their families if the system really does
crash? " ARE YOU SERIOUS?

volunteer - 1. a person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking. 2. a person who performs a service willingly and without pay.

i guess i lost the memo that said i have to pay back anyone who's ever gave me knowledge.

i'm done ranting.
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote