View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: An interesting task for somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by taadev View Post
Hello Brinty,

Have you received an invite to the new forum? There seems to be a lot of posting in the other forum, but then I see you, a definite long timer and non-dirt thrower, still posting, it becomes obvious there are older members than I in the same boat.

Tim
No Tim, I haven't as yet received an invite. There are still a few days to go so I'm not particularly concerned. It appears to me that younger members are worried about the alarming stories that are being posted with regards to the end of the world as we know it. At my age this fear doesn't impact on me personally as I've been hearing reports that the end of the world is just around the corner for the last 60 odd years. Consequently, rightly or wrongly, I don't pay much attention to these rumors.

I'm getting the impression that if one doesn't swallow theses stories and take part in the discussions, that one is likely to be overlooked or considered unsociable. I can live with that. I've learned not to state what I think is obvious when most of the rest seem to be running around like Chicken Little screaming about the sky falling.

Cheers,
Brinty
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote