View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #61
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Anyway, 2 of my Avalon friends (2 out of 6, mind you...) were banned.
lol... I know how you feel. Back along I also had 2 out of my 6 friends banned... One was Izz... remember her anyone? Can't remember the other ! oops. But I remember thinking... I don't have a very good strike rate do I ?

I think she was unfairly goaded by other members and she reacted strongly. Some people are fiercely independent. Some of the bannings I've witnessed do seem to involve line crossing. (they must all involve one forum transgression or another) It is sad to see them go.. I didn't know Francie Jones particularly well, nor do I understand the circumstances of her leaving, nor do I want to dig that up. But it is shocking when people you feel an affinity for seem to fall foul of the rules.

In the end, the moderators are volunteers, and I'm pretty confident that the one's we have do an amazing and thankless almost unwinnable task.

So , though we are left to wonder at people's passing, perhaps its up to us, seeing as this forum was set up to foster communities, to get the details of the one's we love, then we can always contact them after.

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote