View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #64
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I think my brain is working better today... I did not mean that good and evil do not exist... I was merely pointing out that perhaps it is time to recognize that "evil" equates to those that are cut off from Source, the UnEnlightened, (those not in their right mind, whose actions are deemed Evil).

How Might We Bring the Unenlightened to Enlightenment?

Would it be better, perhaps, to use the words "Enlightened and Unenlightened" over words like "good and evil" because I can see how compassion enters the picture with the former and a warrior/fighting stance may enter with the latter word choice.

Going for some tea now...
I knew what you meant...but I just felt like ranting. I rant...because I can. I rant...therefore I am. I don't want a solution...I just want to rant.

I understand the evils of a rigid and fundamentalist treatment of evil...but irresponsible relativism is not the answer either. Enlightened people have been some of the most evil people in the history of the world. This is a real problem...which isn't going away anytime soon.

Arguing on Avalon is probably a good place to begin. And putting into practice the message in the video just posted by Initiate.

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 01-11-2010 at 08:53 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote