View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:09 AM   #274
Peace2all
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

How do you put a cost on knowledge, friendship, inspiration etc. I have wasted money on stupid books, boring workshops and not to mention time I would have wasted searching for some of the information on this site. Let alone some of the amazing people we have met and made contact with from all over the world! How hard is it to find people like us in your neighborhood?
I can understand that there are running costs involved, but what I don't like is that all cannot afford to stay. Gregor for one puts the most incredible posts, he spends hours of time researching and is a real ASSET. It would be a real shame to Project Avalon to loose the "free wisdom" some of these unable to subscribe.
As a suggestion along with donations for others who cant afford subscription. Maybe some sort of monthly thread vote and "free subscription" offered to those that post popular threads?
Just another issue is we tried to organise a Ground Crew meeting and had issues with some being concerned with security of meeting, phone numbers addresses and such let alone giving out your credit card name details etc. I'm concerned this may not be a good direction to take for Avalon, don't we want to get rid of credit cards anyway? Would not like to see people go because of dam stupid money.
Peace2all is offline   Reply With Quote