View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Donald
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Scientists Confirm Unexpected Gulf Stream Slowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gscraig View Post
Hello All,

I found and posted this 2005 article on the Earth Changes-2010 thread, but felt it significant enough to post separately.
What stood out for me which further prompted this posting was the following statements from the article; [I]"The weakening of the Gulf Stream is destabilizing currents worldwide, and will lead to radical climate changes in other areas.
I read this today on a news website here in Quebec (Canada) :

"L'océanographe Peter Galbraith, de l'Institut Maurice-Lamontagne, effectue des relevés depuis 15 ans dans ce secteur. Il qualifie de «très exceptionnelle» cette situation.

Le 13 mars dernier, il a enregistré une température de moins 0,5 degré Celcius. Ce relevé hivernal a été mesuré jusqu'à 75 mètres de profondeur, du jamais vu, selon lui."

Translation :

"Institut Maurice-Lamontagne's Oceanographer Peter Galbrait has been studying this sector for the last 15 years. He says this situation is very exxceptionnal. On march 13th, he recorded a temperature of minus 0,5 celsius. This winter reading has been taken at a 75 meters depth. He's never seen something like that".

The temperature of the sea water is rising. The sector he's talking about is "Îles-de-la-Madeleine" (Quebec, Canada). Just by the Gulf Stream !

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/environnem...3_accueil_POS1

Donald

And then, just before he died, he looked at the sky one last time and he said: "There's only one of us here".
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote