View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #592
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Dear Q4529
I accept tht my thoughs are falacious and my knowledge of the Bible a distant memory or the history of the writing of the Bible.
I would like to put these questions out.
Who decided which books to put in and which were to be omitted from the Bible?
Sir,

You have a lot of good questions.

I will try to answer the easier ones.

The decision on what books to be included in the Bible was made by people whose principal concern was maintaining their own authority and power. Anything that threatened their 'authority' or power was simply classified as 'heretical'. The Gospel of Thomas was excluded, for example, because the religious 'authorities' did not understand what it was saying, more than that it conveyed a message in opposition to Pauline Christian theology.

Quote:
Why was virtually all reference to past life omitted?
Not all references were omitted.

Jesus did say that "John...was Elijah".

Jesus' reply to the Sadducees (see, especially, Luke 20) includes a metaphorical description of the memories of previous lives; and Matthew 27:52 contains a metaphorical description of the receiving of those memories by some of the followers of Jesus.)

But all of this was simply ignored because that would have threatened the perspective of the Pharisees; the principal Pharisee being Paul, the originator of Christian theology.

That would have struck at the foundation of the 'explanation' for why Jesus was crucified in the first place--the doctrine of "vicarious atonement"--and that Jesus was 'God'.

That would have eliminated the belief in any metaphysical heaven and hell.

The church would have no longer been able to control people through fear of its 'authority'.

Quote:
Was Revelations written by Jesus?
No. It was written by John; who had received the Vision of the "Son of man".

Quote:
Was it written in his life time?
No, after Jesus died.

Quote:
Who would benefit from the inculsion of the book of revelation and omission of others?
If the Christian religious 'authorities' at the time had any idea whatsoever what was signified by the Revelation of John, they would have destroyed it (just like the rabbis, according to the Talmud, attempted, unsuccessfully, to remove Ezekiel from the Jewish canon); just like the Dead Sea Scrolls were hidden and the Nag Hammadi Codices were found in a garbage heap.

Quote:
Is Love expressed in Revelations or is fear the main part of that book?
Neither love nor fear is the principal message.

The principal message is the Knowledge which is conveyed about human consciousness and the origin of duality and evil; a Knowledge which is conveyed by the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Revelation of the Memory of Creation.

Quote:
Is not unconditional love free of Judgment?
God does not love unconditionally. I consider that to be another statement created by the "beast of the earth speaking with the voice of the dragon".

According to the Law--and as expressed in Deuteronomy 28--people are rewarded and punished in this world relative to whether they abide by or violate the precepts of the Law.

Jesus referred to the Pharisees as a "brood of vipers"--not exactly expressive of any love that he had for them--because of their lies about the "resurrection".

Quote:
If the devil wanted to distort the message of love and forgiveness expounded by Jesus where would the distortion be most effective?
Turning upside down the Teaching of Jesus on the "resurrection" by the Pharisaical interpretation of that Revelation.

The Revelation of the "resurrection" is received in the heart.

Almost all of the memories I have received of previous lives have occurred in the context of very intense love relationships (not talking about sex, here; but, specifically, very intense love relationships)--in which I remembered who those women were in more than one of their previous lives.

The other questions you asked are more amorphous or complicated.

Michael Cecil (4Q529)

http://after-the-false-peace.blogspot.com/

http://jewishchristianlit.com/Resour...ts/4Q529!.html
4Q529 is offline   Reply With Quote