View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #355
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Trainedobserver
as part of our discussion I would like to run this by you.

Taking it that an atom is alive because it is in movement.
Stones are alive because they are composed of atoms, however they are not conscious that I know of anyway.
Studies seem to prove that plants are conscious because they react to being loved by humans or react to being about to be "injured" ie tomatoes featured in such an experiment.

Now taking your theory that perhaps humans were engineered in labs.
I can see thats its possible to modify change life to varying degrees but I know of no case where life was created from scratch. There has to be some existing life form ie the atom to process into whatever.
To my "mind" consciousness can come into form but it cant be created, it does not need form as out of body experiences seem to suggest. Some people have recall of previous lives, young children have been know to give very specific detail of places unknown to them in this life.

There may be aliens of extreme intelligence but I doubt if even they could create life/consciousness from absolutely nothing.
Therefore I believe in a creator which I call God.

With respect for all points of view
Chris
ps I dont personally need external proof, subjective experience is beyond intellect and beyond mind which will die with the body. Experience of course needs mind so its not the right word, There is just a nonverbal knowing.

Last edited by greybeard; 02-05-2010 at 12:34 AM.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote