View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #24
Mike_Jetson
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The window of escape for smart people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
ditched their normal lives,

I salute these people for their bravery.

Too early, and you could end up feeling stupid

Ive quoted your words which I feel are important that show what mindset you are in. I still have my 'normal' life struggling for myself trying to make some money out of property so im not in the woods prepared to to speak.

Many of these people have not left their normal lives because they are scared of what might happen. Theyve done it for not only a better life but more freedom. The way you talk about it, its as if you think getting away in the hills for a few years to survice while things calm down is a nice survival plan that you can ditch and come back into the 'comfortable' world you have now.

Who would feel stupid? The person who has left their original home, maybe city or suburban, is not relying on supermarkets any more, not paying government taxes, not paying energy companies, not working a 9-5 to pay a mortgage. I guess if nothing happens these people are going to feel stupid. Not at all. These people will feel fantastic that they are closer to nature and look at everyone else as stupid who carry on with their 'comfortable' lives, paying taxes and giving away their liberties and wealth for this 'normal' life.

You have to want to change. If you plan on doing this whole running away from armageddon at the last minute so you can carry on doing what youre doing now for as long as possible then youre going to have problems when the time comes unless you believe leaving the current system is a good. Myself included as my plans are not really that good right now.
Mike_Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote