View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #349
tintagelcave
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Hi there! This thread is showing the broad variety of how the ego is being experienced by us, interesting! I'll share my experience with the ego: for me the beginning of my life was mostly a world within that didn't match with the world without. I was furious about the time delay of Earth's conditions in the manifestation process. Also I wasn't prepared for the anger that was directed to me, when I spoke my truth. My urge to "do good" was a mission without freedom, stemming from another lifetime or a pattern of those. I was the healer and the caretaker of my family with 11 members, I am the third of nine children and my father was a preacher. Doing good was a holy slogan in the church, so the match was perfect! My doing good was my survival kit and in that form there was no unconditional love. I started to look at the pain of my inner child, that wasn't appreciated in my youth and studied the material of Eckhardt Tolle and felt I had arrived at the moment of truth, or the dark night of the soul, in dec. 2008. Until my 58th year I tried to do good without really being fulfilled or happy, it was a long and winding road to the point I surrendered to myself and learned to accept my develish and godlike aspects. To enjoy life and be grateful for it, is the key to the higher self, simply by making that choice, at least ...............once arrived it's simple. The ego loves to keep the chains, because it's identified with as the essence. It's alway at war, so to speak. It's me and not you. It's mine and not yours. Doesn't want to get lost! It's travel companions are control and fear. It's almost a joke, because in loosing oneself one finds the eternal soul within. Having a sense of humor helps! Finally I am a human being, isn't that great? Arrived at my own doorstep.........Thanks for sharing!
tintagelcave is offline   Reply With Quote