View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #29
HaveBlue
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Potential sea level rises - and where does the water come from?

I am at very slightly south of 45 degrees south so can only comment on that. I live with a tidal creek not 10m from where I sit and have done for almost ten years. Naturally I am very concerned about this.(if it is indeed a fact)
IT IS NOT happening here. Storms and tsunamis etc...will move large waves around-100 footers!
With the massive hole over the Ozone layer it has been hypothosized that water is evapourating right out that hole and into space!
Remember that matter-and that means water cannot be destroyed or created so it has to be either in the Lakes,rivers and seas or in the atmosphere.
This planet is in danger of drying up to a burned out cinder isn't it?. You can't have it both ways. We do have way less snow on our mountains here this winter to feed our water supplies and hydro lakes too.
However if the sea IS rising particularly around the equator then maybe the earths spin is increasing which would force more weight (water) to there by centrifugal force! The recent hurricanes and tsunami over the last few years would suggest they are responsible however
I have wondered if the days are going by quicker though but put it down to nearly turning 40!
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote